[tcb] Re: Sunnie the bus is getting a make over!

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:43:55 -0700 (PDT)

Would the bumpers off of a 73 work for you? I think Jumpin Joe still has a set
of the painted ones that are in decent shape

Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Here, I'll just make it
easier and make a new topic. My sliding door's looking pretty sad, and I'm
going to need a few other particular parts soon because I'm going to be doing
all the body work for the bus in a couple of months. My dad's pal Sunny (for
whome the bus is named after) is going to help me do the body work and paint,
and whatever else needs help. We'll get started whenever the bug he's doing is
finished. The bug looks REALLY good and it's almost done; you guys'll see it at
some shows before long. I'm so excited, the bus is gonna look soooo good and
it's very close to being original.

  Any way, I'll post some parts we'll be needing as soon as I talk to my Dad
but I can already tell a few that will probably need replacing.
  The Bus is a '76, so if you have anything from that year that'd be awsome.

  Sliding door,
  Rocker panel,
  Driver's door (the passanger door might be needed too),
  New window rubber (I'll probably just get that off a catalog),
  Rear bumbper (I think the front one's ok),
  Dashboard (Dad said something about the dash, I'm not sure if we need it but
I'm listing it anyway)
  Steering wheel,
  Condenser (yep, i still want to try and get the airconditioner to work; a low
horsepower condenser would be great)

  I'm sure there's a lot more, I just need to talk to dad about it. Whenever we
go over the bus and figure out everything I'll post it up.  But if anyone has
any of these things they'd like to sell or get rid of that are in good shape
let me know. Thanks every body!

  -Shelby