[tcb] She's so heavy

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 08:16:02 -0600

I have so many ideas about filling Sonne's bed up but then I wonder how much
weight is too much?  I figure on short drives, from town and back, extra weight
can be handled.  But I am more concerned about the big trips.  If in her bed I
have a humongous cooler that weighs 45lbs empty and then 2 big utility/tool
chests that weigh 60lbs each empty then add in the weight of the
ice/food/supplies/tools/extra parts plus the weight of the hoops and canvas.

I am not really concerned about having a back seat so I guess I could shuffle
some of this weight more into the middle by carrying some of this weight in the
back half of the cab.

Plus I am planning on things that beef up her bumpers and a roof rack and a
larger gas tank all which will be adding more weight.

I never plan on having what would have been a stock engine for a 1960 but will
always have a 1600 or larger engine.  The plan is to steal all of the running
gear off Blitzen so the 1776, dual carbs, power assisted disc brakes, freeway
flyer tranny with gear reduction boxes.  (This does not mean that Blitzen will
not be rebuilt, just that he will be more stock like, probably.).

Should I worry?  Do I need some badass shocks?  Too much weight for long hauls?
 In the heat of summer? Climbing up mountains?  What's a girl to do?