[tcb] Re: Psycobilly

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:58:05 -0700 (PDT)

I am sure the economists types can figure it out.  All of the
convention/visitors experts in all towns have a pretty darn good idea how much
money each visitor brings to town.  I know with motel, food and gas I dropped
over $500+ in cash into that town over the weekend.  All of the motels are sold
out for weeks in advance and I guarantee they wouldn't be without the VW
folks.  There are lots of places around that put up with a bit of trouble to
bring in the bucks.  Look at Sturgess or Daytona Beach and the motorcycle
crowd.  My personal opinion is that the  locals are being awfully
shortsighted.  Maybe a petition to the mayor and city council would help
convince them of the economic impact.  Or maybe even a meeting with a
professional presentation to the city council?  I know the city folks in
Nacogdoches would love to have the economic impact of that crowd on
Nacogdoches.  Only problem is that we don't have a facility like that, nor do
many
 other places.