[tcb] Re: Popping out of 4th

  • From: "Shelby Shook" <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:00:54 -0500

Yeah...I don't like giving bad news. But don't trust my word on it I'm just
a kid. I just know what my dad said, and what the "How to Keep your VW
Alive" book says in the "How to Buy a VW" section. He says to steer clear of
a VW whose gear pops out, as it usually means a tranny overhaul. Also, I've
heard it can be a "linkage" problem. My bus pops out of third very
rarely...but it happens. Trannys are so complexed though...wish I could
help.