[tcb] Re: Popping out of 4th

  • From: "Andrew S. Barnes" <deabarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 07:15:33 -0500

yes I still have one. But it's not eating anything but floor space and I don't
know the condition of it ? Brian and I pulled it out of a bus I had .
 Drew
  Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:00:54 -0500
  From: sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Yeah...I don't like giving bad news. But don't trust my word on it I'm just a
kid. I just know what my dad said, and what the "How to Keep your VW Alive"
book says in the "How to Buy a VW" section. He says to steer clear of a VW
whose gear pops out, as it usually means a tranny overhaul. Also, I've heard it
can be a "linkage" problem. My bus pops out of third very rarely...but it
happens. Trannys are so complexed though...wish I could help.

  On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    that's not what i wanted to hear.
    -jeff