[tcb] Re: Popping out of 4th

  • From: Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 06:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

White.
-j

--- On Tue, 9/30/08, theresabuckner@xxxxxxx <theresabuckner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: theresabuckner@xxxxxxx <theresabuckner@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Popping out of 4th
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 10:46 PM

   UH   what color is your bus ?     Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 7:23 pm

it's actually a 78 engine and tranny... does that make a differance?

-j.

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:00:54 -0500
From: sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah...I don't like giving bad news. But don't trust my word on it
I'm
just a kid. I just know what my dad said, and what the "How to Keep
your VW Alive" book says in the "How to Buy a VW" section. He
says to
steer clear of a VW whose gear pops out, as it usually means a tranny
overhaul. Also, I've heard it can be a "linkage" problem. My bus
pops
out of third very rarely...but it happens. Trannys are so complexed
though...wish I could help.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

that's not what i wanted to hear.