[tcb] My son's first bus Adventure

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 21:21:42 -0600

I let me son and his friends take the vanagon out cruising the other night.
About 11:30 PM we called to make sure everything was okay and he replied, "it's
kinda funny story".  I thought oh crap, what's he done.

Turns out he and four friends were cruising around when a black car started
following them.  They thought it was a cop car - what a cop hassling a bus
driver!  Anyway, they went down a side street that was a cull de sac and had to
turn around.  The black car pulled in front of them and blocked the road.  The
guy jumped out a yelled that he was a cop and for everyone to get out.

He had all the kids put their hands on the van.  My son started questioning the
guy and wanted to know his badge number.  The guy started yelling and so my son
started yelling back.  By this time one of the girls had called 911 and
reported what was going on.  However, she didn't know what street they were on.
 After about 15 minutes, the guy jumped back into his car and took off.

I guess a neighbor had called in because the real cops showed up.  Luckily, my
son remembered the guys tag number and " badge" number and gave them to the
cops.  The cops looked up the tag and went to the guys house and arrested him.
The kids had to do a line up and identify the guy and file charges against him.
 By now it's about 1:30 AM.

The cops said that some girls have been assaulted by a guy impersonating an
officer that was driving a black car in the last few weeks and this may be the
same guy.

One of the girls is the daughter of our worship leader at church.  Earlier in
the night, he told Alex that he was the only kid that could pull up in front of
his house in a VW van that he would let his 17 year old daughter go with.

Alex hasn't asked to borrow the van anymore this

Happy NewYear to all,

Ronnie