[tcb] Re: Last question regarding paint, no really!

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 12:41:36 -0400

My 67 is black.

-----Original Message-----
From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, Apr 5, 2010 11:27 am
Subject: [tcb] Re: Last question regarding paint, no really!

James:  I have seen them painted both black and grey.  Both of my Westies which
I know had not been repainted since leaving the factory were both black.  I
have seen a lot of restored busses with them painted grey.  Maybe they came
from the factory either way.  You might try a question or research on the Samba
to get other opinions.  The straps I think should be painted body color.  I do
not remember ever seeing any authoritative statements on the tank color in any
of my sources.