[tcb] Re: Last question regarding paint, no really!

  • From: "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:26:42 -0400

Go with a crackle texture...

Maybe a hammertone blue?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Apr 5, 2010 1:18 PM, James Dwan &lt;james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:

a 56 and a 57 one black one grey. I don't think there is a definitive answer so
I'll go grey with sealing wax red straps. Thanks everyone (except Will : )!

From: James Dwan &lt;james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx&gt;
Subject: [tcb] Last question regarding paint, no really!
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, April 5, 2010, 8:24 AM

I noticed this weekend that the gas tank was painted black and the straps were
Sealing Wax Red. I saw a nicely restored 23 Window that had a grey tank with
black straps. We then looked at Jay's other Bus and noticed one was grey and 1
was black but both had the straps painted body color.

So should I leave it black? What is correct? I'd rather it be grey because the
contrast behind the fan shroud would look better &nbsp;in my opinion but want
to be stock of course.
Anyway this is definitely the last paint question. The show is in 2 weeks! I
can't believe how much left there is to do but Jay said they'll work 12 hor
days so the engine can go in this Saturday...