[tcb] Re: Houston Area Vanagon Mechanic

  • From: whocanduncan1 <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:56:17 -0500

Lots and lots of busses! A must, especially if you want to meet everyone and
possibly run into a few you know.

I was at BNNTA 2 years ago. Had the Wolfram gray w/sparkles Vanagon towing the
motorcycle.

Duncan

<txvwbuslady@xxxxxxxxx> </div><div>Date:08/20/2014  9:04 AM  (GMT-06:00)
Area Vanagon Mechanic </div><div>
Welcome to the list!  BusFest doesn't have a website.  there are two Facebook
pages, one's the event page Texas Bus Fest and the other is our community page
Texas Busfest. Our campsite is primitive, one water faucet that also feeds a
shower trailer (no hot water).  The city, Morgan's Point Resort, has cleared
away a lot of brush this past spring, enlarging our camping area and hopefully,
giving us more shade trees.  We have a chili cook off on friday, Saturday we
have the camp wide Parrott/Flentge memorial breakfast,  piñata, built by Tracy,
for the kids, an auction/raffle, valve cover races, unofficial lunch cruise,
BBQ dinner saturday night, bus show Sunday and lots of good times with other
bus folks. email me if you have any questions.  again, welcome to the list.
shirley clark

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 6:16 AM, Nathan Wood <dart330@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Mark & Dave for recommending Donnie Smith over at Smith Foreign Auto.
That is much closer than most of the other shops I was looking at. My last
mechanic in OKC had suggested Tony Hoffman out in Tomball, but he is not
interested in working on Vanagons. I will try and drop by Donnie's in a couple
weeks to check the place out and get some estimates. Do you know if he keeps
any regular hours? I couldn't find any listed online.

Unfortunately I am going to miss Eureka Springs this year and am making the 14
hour pilgrimage up to BNNTA for Labor Day to see family and friends. With just
starting a new job it is tough to get away to all the events going on. I should
be able to make a lot more this time next year.

Chuck, I found a Facebook Site for Busfest in Oct and put the dates on my
calendar. Is there an official website with more information available? Looks
like it is only 3 hours away and we always enjoy camping by water.

Nathan