[tcb] Houston Area Vanagon Mechanic

  • From: Nathan Wood <dart330@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:07:26 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am new to the list and am looking for a mechanic recommendation in the
Houston area. I have a 1990 Carat that is in pretty good shape, but due to
not currently having a garage I will need to find someone who is willing to
work on it. Please let me know if you can suggest anyone within an hour of
downtown Houston for basic maintenance (also need to fix the AC at some
point).

A little background on myself. I have been driving various VW's my whole
life. I've had a 59 Westy, 60 Westy, 74 Transporter, 82 Westy, 85 Westy, 87
Syncro and the current 90 Carat. I am originally from Missouri and did a
lot of camping with the Missouri Micros out of STL over the years. Been to
Eureka Springs and BNNTA several times. Spent the last 7 years in Las Vegas
and Oklahoma City for work and am now really enjoying living in Texas.

Hope to get to meetup with you all in the future while getting to explore
Texas.

Nathan