[tcb] Re: Havasu Bound

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:12:58 -0600

I looked and I have their Havasu number anyway, not the CA number.

I'm still fiddling with the map and route but I definitely want to be there
early to help set up. A lot of that starts on Wednesday.

I'm also finding I like to be able to "relax" for a while before a show
rather than arriving and having to set up after a long drive at the
same time I'm trying to do a "meet and greet".

I got there Thursday morning this year and camped in that same state
park where the show is held. I did the same for Jerome. Arrived Thursday
morning and camped out about 5 miles from the show site in a nice state
park. At the end of a long drive I always feel like I'm in a hurry to "do
something". Having at least one night to wind down and only have to go
a few blocks to get to the show site (out one gate then back in another)
makes it a better experience.

Coming back home is an even more relaxed trip. I drive slower and stop
more. Don't have to be home until Thursday or Friday morning when I take
my "long trips" and I'm out of Havasu some time Sunday afternoon instead
of late night.

G2