[tcb] Re: Ho Ho Ho

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:48:05 -0800 (PST)

That is SOOOOO GOOD!  I reposted it on the AIrCoolers
website, of course givin' propos to Dan and Kat!
Merry Christmas to all y'all bus drivin' dudes!
--- Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>    THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
>
> 'Twas the night before Christmas and all 'round the
> bus
> not a creature was stirring, not even to fuss.
>
> The "HELP" sign was hung on the bumper with care
> in hopes that a towtruck soon would be there.
>
> The children were nestled all snug in the Z-bed
> while visions of a gasheater danced in their heads
>
> The wife in her kerchief and I in my ballcap
> were perusing some manuals to figure out this crap
>
> When out on the road there arose such a clatter
> I threw down my Bentley to go see what's the matter
>
> Away to the slider I flew like a flash
> Cranked open the window and threw up the slats
>
> The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
> gave the lustre of mid-day to the tiretracks below
>
> When, what to my wondering eyes should appear
> but a miniature Westy and eight tiny reindeer
>
> With a sweet little flat-four so lively and quick
> I could tell by the headers it must be St. Nick
>
> More rapid than Porsches his coursers they came,
> and he whistled and shouted and called them by name;
>
> "Now Dasher! now Beetle! now Kombi and Ghia!
> On Splittie! on Bulli! on Karmann and Jetta!
>
> To the top of the bus! To the pop-top so tall
> Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!"
>
> As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
> when they meet with an obstacle mount to the sky,
>
> So up to the pop-top the coursers they flew,
> with the bus full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.
>
> And then in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
> the prancing and pawing of each little hoof
>
> As I drew in my hand I felt sorta faint
> I thought to myself, well there goes the paint....
>
> He was dressed all in fur, that was warm as the
> fire...
> and his clothes all consisted of 'Wolfsburg' attire
>
> A bundle of tools he had flung on his back
> and he looked like a mechanic as he opened his pack
>
> His eyes how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
> His cheeks were like roses, His Westy SO CHERRY!!
>
> His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow
> his Westy was tricked -out and ready to go!
>
> The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
> and the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath
>
> He had a broad face and a little round belly,
> that shook when he laughed like that darned
> 'Kokopelli'
>
> He was chubby and plump, and a pretty good mech.
> so I showed him the motor, thinking "Oh what the
> heck..."
>
> A wink of his eye and a twist of some tools...
> soon gave me to know I'd be looking the fool.
>
> He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
> and when he showed me the problem I felt like a jerk
>
> And laying his finger aside of his nose,
> ....said you burnt up the points, Better replace
> those!!
>
> Then he sprang to his Westy; I forget the exact
> model
> and he ran through the gears as he hammered the
> throttle!
>
> But I heard him exclaim as he sped out of sight,
> [...]

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

http://mail.yahoo.com