[tcb] Re: Circle the Wagens....VW film at Austin Film Festival

  • From: Ken Linoski <kenlinoski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 10:45:40 -0700 (PDT)

Wow! Some peoples children. Hey Ho Julie (her name for herself not mine) makes
theft accusations against a fellow VW member Greg (but refuses to give his last
name because she cares so much about starting an Internet fight). Yet a simple
search of the movie cast, see below, reveals Greg's last name so everyone
really knows who Julie hangs with her wild and crazy accusations. She claims
Greg Triebel steals her new ladder. Julie contacts him and out of the kindness
of her heart she will pay this thief to ship the ladder back to her. Julie
claims Greg Tribel admits he stole her ladder but somehow can't be bothered
with returning it to Hey Ho Julie even if she pays handsomely to pack and ship
it. I have never seen the film and have no monetary association to the movie in
any way. However, after seeing the credited cast list I personally know two
prominent members. Their reputation and integrity is impeccable. It took me
less than 10 seconds to find Julie's
 accused thief's full name. It should take me less than 10 minutes to find
contact information to Greg Triebel and forward him this thread with Julie's
accusations that he is a thief and other TCB members who appear to happily jump
on the band wagon (no pun intended) calling for his outing. Let him (Greg)
defend himself or admit guilt and make restitution. To leave this matter just
floating in the air with only Hey Ho Julie's side of the story being told is
not only completely unfair but quite possibly slanderous and in our justice
system, perhaps criminal in some way with Julie being the guilty party here.

My real name is my email address so there is no doubt to anyone reading this
who I am. While I love the VW bus scene and community, sometimes a very small
but loud contingent can really spoil the fun with their childish, petty public
finger pointing. Of course the finger pointing safely being committed from
behind their laptop miles and miles away in an undisclosed location. Hmm kinda
reminds me of Dick Cheney. Hopefully Greg himself will chime in soon and put
this matter to rest.

Sincerely,

Ken Linoski

Information on Greg Triebel being the cast member Julie refers to can be found
here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1353990/

Cast
Credited cast:
  Dave Torstenson   ...  Himself /   Animated Self
  Charlie Pecoraro   ...  Himself /   Animated Self
  Pete Sottnik   ...  Himself
  Greg Triebel   ...  Himself
  Rich Kimball   ...  Himself
  Charlie Hamil   ...  Himself
  Everett Barnes   ...  Himself
  Jeremy Graham   ...  Animated Bicyclist
  Bill Kinder   ...  Himself
  Andrew Ross Wynn   ...  (voice)
  Robb Wolford   ...  Animated Mechanic
Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
  David A. Bramlett   ...  Himself
  Luke Hadsall   ...  Himself
  Michael Harland   ...  Animated Croc Seller
  Michael Hathaway   ...  Himself
See full cast »
Edit
Storyline
Circle The Wagen is a feature-length buddy/road-trip/docu-dramedy that
follows Dave, an idealistic adventurer and automotive ne'er-do-well, and his
convivial co-pilot Charlie on their journey down Route 66 in a baby blue 1972
VW bus. Through mishaps and murals, gasoline baths and
breakdowns the two discover a teeming underground of vintage VWdiehards willing
to help save "The Croc" from the scrap heap and rally her
beleaguered owner on to California. Written by Ryan Steven Green and Charlie
Pecoraro