[tcb] Re: Bus Troubles

  • From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

Sweet!!   It was probably the side I put on.  Thanks.

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:  Tim sent this to the list from
a second email address:

I just found a big intake leak on one side and that fixed my problems.
Thanks for your help.

Tim

On Jul 13, 2007, at 10:59 AM, Stephen Brannan wrote:

> Yes.
>
> Brian Denning wrote: i assumed you
> checked gap on the plugs
>

> >From: Mark Sawyer
> >To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [tcb] Re: Bus Troubles
> >Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:49:30 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >Did you check to make sure the power wire to the coil is on the right
> >terminal. if you have it backwards you will get a very weak spark
> but won't
> >run worth a crap.
> >
> >Stephen Brannan wrote: It sat for about a week
> >and a half. New parts include: points, coil, plugs, generator
> standintake
> >gaskets, oil, oil filter, fuel pump seals, fuel filter, fuel
> lines, and
> >maybe some other stuff I didn't see him put on. The new fuel
> filter filled
> >with gas quickly and before we had spark you could smell gas when
> it was
> >cranked on for a bit. Hmm. Maybe we fouled the new plugs?
> >
> >Brian Denning wrote: how long did the motor
> >sit? what all have you replaced? new cap, coil,
> >points?
> >
> >gas? are you getting enough gas to the carb?
> >

> > >From: Stephen Brannan
> > >To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >Subject: [tcb] Re: Bus Troubles
> > >Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:34:45 -0700 (PDT)
> > >
> > >Already tried that. Thanks.
> > >
> > >j duncan wrote: Distributor 180º out?

Dan Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.
T.C.B.

http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware
protection.