[tcb] Re: Back from an exciting trip

  • From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 06:18:19 -0500

It looks to me like you had a normal uneventful Denis Dodson excursion.
ole blue
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Denis Dodson 
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
  Cc: buskatiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
  Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 4:43 AM
  Subject: [tcb] Back from an exciting trip

  Yes, it's 4:11 AM and we are home now. We heard the volcano make a big noise, 
hit the road, stopped at a coffee shop in San Ramon and met the whole family, 
stole some limbs with real coffee beans on it off a roadside coffee bush and 
got to the airport to find out that the world had changed again. We had to 
throw away all the shampoo and creme rinse and hand lotions that Jan loves to 
collect first thing from all the hotels, all the toothpaste, sun block, 
eyedrops, nasal spray, bottled water etc. and had to be searched THREE times 
before we could get on the plane. Then the Atlanta airport closed for a couple 
of hours because of weather, so we had to land at Augusta GA (bless Jan's 
heart, with our "we will go anywhere" attitude, she jumps up and says, "Cool, 
we're in Augusta!" but they wouldn't let us out because we were an 
International flight and Augusta has no Customs. So we took on fuel and after 
about an hour (we watched Mission Impossible 3) we flew into Atlanta and went 
through customs, but we had to go through security to get OUT of the airport. I 
joked with the guy at the metal detector that I had been cavity searched twice 
and he laughed and shook my hand and he said "Welcome home". I have never had a 
security guy shake my hand. 

  By the way, we still smuggled in the coffee twigs. If they had asked me, I 
would have given them up, but they searched my bags four times, saw them each 
time, and never said anything.

  We were going to get an Atlanta hotel, but since all the flights were so 
behind and screwed up our flight to home was delayed and left in only in 20 
minutes, so we got on board and had to wait in a LONG line to take off and we 
landed at XNA and came home. The dogs were glad to see us and I made ham and 
eggs, and I'm going to sleep in my own bed.

  Breakfast in a little town in Costa Rica and home in my own bed in 15 hours. 

  God bless America, God bless us one and all.

  P.S. We saw 7 busses, all Bays, one being a water-cooled Jetta, straight from 
the factory in Mexico. Only two bugs, both old, in good shape, no new beetles.

  P.P.S. Now, on to Eureka Springs. What are the plans?

Other related posts: