[tcb] 6 volt wiper motor, 12V system

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:14:33 -0500

In an attempt to fix my windshield wiper motor (which turned out not to be the
one that goes to a '63. The one I took out had 5 terminals) I broke it. I got
another one with only two terminals which means it has one speed. Tark, who is
doing all new electricals, wants to use a two speed switch.

So, here are the questions; what resistor do we put in the system to allow 12
volts to run a 6 volt motor? And how and what resistors do we use to create 2
speeds? I want the answers to be available at Autozone or Radio Shack type
places, not some expensive kit online, unless that proves to be the only way.

I'm going over to Vintagebus to ask the same questions.

There will be a prize.