[tas-list] Slooh Clarification

  • From: Dennis brew <dennisbrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 22:27:59 -0700

The free public astronomy events on Slooh, (usually at 3:00 pm every day) are
only during the month of Sept. to entice the public to subscribe to use their
telescopes.  So, catch the free ones  when you can, before the end of the
month.

Although, you can see a video of each program on,

http://www.youtube.com/user/astrocox/videos?view=0

I could get a closer and bigger picture of Jupiter during the live feed,
because the video only shows his whole webpage, but on the live program I could
switch to a higher power telescope.

Jupiter was blurry, although I could see Io's dark shadow very well, before
Io's transit started, and could just barely make out the light oval of Io,
against the face of Jupiter, after it started its transit.

Wow, the sky looks clear on Mr. Rainier from down here.

“If no one challenged the status quo, the world would still be flat.”