[tas-list] Re: Slooh Clarification

  • From: Sam Hunt <samdhunt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 00:28:03 -0700

thx all for the info.
today was my birthday and people insisted on calling me and throwing me a party, which ran too late for me to go to Sunrise.

you have a great TAS group.
I have never seen a more enthusiastic group.
considering the local weather, I am amazed.
I hope to attend a mtg soon.

btw, does Doug Munday work (or did work) for Splyce?
I used to know a really smart and nice guy with the same name that worked there.
thx again, all.
Sam Hunt

On 9/15/2012 10:27 PM, Dennis brew wrote:
The free public astronomy events on Slooh, (usually at 3:00 pm every day) are only during the month of Sept. to entice the public to subscribe to use their telescopes. So, catch the free ones when you can, before the end of the month.

Although, you can see a video of each program on,
http://www.youtube.com/user/astrocox/videos?view=0

I could get a closer and bigger picture of Jupiter during the live feed, because the video only shows his whole webpage, but on the live program I could switch to a higher power telescope.

Jupiter was blurry, although I could see Io's dark shadow very well, before Io's transit started, and could just barely make out the light oval of Io, against the face of Jupiter, after it started its transit.

Wow, the sky looks clear on Mr. Rainier from down here.

“If no one challenged the status quo, the world would still be flat.”