[tas-list] Re: HELP on Saturday! (please)

  • From: Sam Hunt <samdhunt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:51:10 -0700

Hi.
My name is Sam Hunt.
I haven't joined TAS (weather, work, family), but plan to.
If it'll help, I can bring my 120 F8.3 refractor on its LXD55 mount to Chambers Creek Regional Park Saturday night. I've been an amateur most of my 66 years; however, I have used this mount so little that I am not sure if I'll remember how to run the Autostar. Will this be a planetary/lunar event, or will the sky actually be dark enough to see any DSOs?
If it's not a DSO night, maybe I can just run the mount manually?
Let me know.
Sam Hunt
auburn, wa
c:253.315.2458 (text best)
H:253 735-1224 (comcast phone. doesn't always work)

On 7/13/2012 11:34 AM, Alice Few wrote:
Saturday evening we have two evening events, our own public night and a special event at Chambers Creek Regional Park.

Chuck is presenting public night and we need a few scopes there, I have volunteered to run the Chambers Creek event and really need 5 more scopes. Both events are in the paper...

Chambers Creek Regional Park
setup time 9:30pm
10:30 - 11:30pm event times
9850 64th Street West
University Place, Wa 98467
Soccor Field A or B for viewing

Please give Alice a call at 253-653-1402

Many, many, thanks!