[talks-uk] Re: talks 4

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:25:55 -0000

Hello Barbara and fellow Talks users,

I have successfully installed Talks 4 on my Nokia N91 and I still have to mute
speech to play ring tones.  This is a minor annoyance compared to the wealth
of new features and greatly improved responsiveness of speech.  I use UK
Eloquence and it's really snappy.  I've set the speech delay for  0.05 seconds
which seems to be the right setting.  I've left the volume factor setting at
100 percent as this phone has a good volume and speech becomes distorted at a
higher level.

One great improvement is the progress bar announcement which now works with
the Nokia podcast client for downloading podcast files.

I had to upgrade my license as I last did so when I purchased my phone in
January 2007.  It took no time at all on the TalkNav site and receiving my
license code via e-mail.  I soon had Talks 4 installed and activated.

I would say to anyone hesitating and wondering if it's worth upgrading, go for
it!  It's well worth it, even if you have to upgrade your license.

Best wishes,

Clive pallett