[talks-uk] Re: Wifi

  • From: "Neil Barnfather" <talks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:45:26 -0000

Saqib / Steve,

I've seen it work both ways before, sometimes If I use that method it works
and adds it as an access point, other times it does not, I can only assume
that it has something to do with the WLAN setup, i.e. public, hidden,
infrastructure, peer to peer etc or ad hock etc.

certain types of network the phone will remember doing it the way you are
talking about others it will not, perhaps it assumes that some types of
network are public thus you may not use them again, so why clog up your AP
list with AP's you're not going to use again?

  _____