[talks-uk] Re: WAYFINDER - A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

  • From: "Darren Harris" <darren_g_harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:34:05 +0100

Hi,

I've answered your questions below each of your:

The first relates to changing settings between pedestrian and car
travel. Does the change of transport mode give more accurate readings in
terms of speed and timing, or is this just a change so that the
vehiclular routes can be worked out according to the roads to travel?

The type of route ie car and walking is specific so for example, when
you're walking a route, you don't want to go on a motorway. The route
will take that into account. Accuracy isn't an is
The second question is around saving favourites, or POIS.  Can I save a
favourite bus stop, so be standing at a given place, without knowing its
postcode or exact co-ordinates myself?  If so, how is this achieved,
please?

Yup you sure can. From the main menu:

1. arrow down to favourites. Should be the third one down. Map find
favourites.
2. click on favourites.
3. from there, you will be in your favourites menu. Assuming you don't
have any favourites they will be empty. Hit key1 and arrow down to
manage.
4. manage is a sub menu. So arrow right you will be presented with 4
options. In order, edit, add new, remove and synchronise. You want add
new. Click on add new.
5. you will now be presented with edit fields. The one you are dropped
into is the favourite name. so type in your name. arrow down, the next
one is for description. You don't have to use this but it's there should
you want to. Below that are all the lat and longitude coords. You don't
need to touch those. Once you're happy with this hit key 1 and you're
good to go.
6. just to make sure your favourite is there, arrow to your favourites
tab and refresh it you should see your favourite there assuming you're
standing where you added it.
Finally, as I noticed someone else asking, I would just also like to
know if there is a specific list for WayFinder questions?  I know this
list is really Talks related, and I don't want to upset my moderator
friend but don't know where else to ask.

The address is Wfaccess-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for any and all help.

--
Carol