[talks-uk] Re: WAYFINDER - A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:08:28 +0100

Hi Carol.

Firstly, to answer your questions:
Changing routing options only changes the way by which routes are calculated, the GPS receiver is responsible for fixing your position and it will be this and this alone that will determine the accuracy of the instructions when your given them at the appropriate moments. Secondly, if you want to save a favorite, go to the location in question IE the bus stop, shop etc, then add the favorite using the procedure outlined in the user guide. This will then store that favorite for quick routing. Remember however that GPS is not an exact technology, so you may be a meter or two away from your objective when navigating to your favorite.

There is a wayfinder access discussion list, you can join through its website www.wfusers.com. There, I and like minded wayfinder enthusiasts will be more than happy to help you with your questions.

All the best, Ibrahim.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>