[talks-uk] Vodafone configuration on Nokia N85

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:36:10 +0100

All,

I have a "nearly new" Nokia N85 supplied by Vodafone with Talks installed.
When I was setting up the phone following installation of the SIM, I was
prompted to download some configuration files.  Following this, I noticed that
the opening screen had changed, and was no longer readable by Talks.  Talks now
just says "add bookmark", whereas apparently on the screen there's lots of
Vodafone info which appears not to be accessible using Talks.  This also has
the effect that the incoming message alert isn't displayed properly, i.e. I
don't get a readable message on the screen telling me that there's a message
awaiting my attention.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  Any tips on how to optimise use of
Talks with the Vodafone config?  The Talks version installed appears to be
version 4.

Also, what I believe to be an unrelated issue, none of the help information
appears to be readable by Talks.  I realised this morning that the N85 doesn't
have a memory card installed, and Vodafone have agreed to supply one, so I
wonder if the issue with the help system is one of lack of space in memory?
Any thoughts?

Regards and thanks for any tips,

Tim Pennick