[talks-uk] Re: N86 RESET AND CARD SLOT LOCATION

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 21:17:28 +0100

Oh well I expect you are right.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 8:39 PM
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: N86 RESET AND CARD SLOT LOCATION

Hi,

This may be true, but then again just because the phone is unlocked does not
mean firmware restrictions have been lifted as unlocking has nothing to do
with the firmware.  For example, a while back for a long time certain
network operators would disable the voip functionality of the new Nokia
phones, which even unlocking wouldn't bring back as it would require
debranding and installation of generic firmware to bring back the voip
functions.

So yes, your phone may have been unlocked, but Vodafone may still have done
something to the messaging client within the firmware to restrict its use.
Obviously this may be completely wrong as I haven't see the phone and so
don't know for certain, but it's one guess out of many to explain the issue.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.