[talks-uk] Help: E-mail Set up on N6210 Navigate + Talks 4

  • From: "Denis Tocher" <dentoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:26:30 -0000

I am using TALKS 4 and Nokia 6210 Navigator on A VODAFONE contract.

Getting on well with most aspects of the instrument but having problems with
e-mail set up. Have checked all settings but unable to connect with my
ukonline mailbox. Also, cannot get rid of mail from my mailbox.

The problem is not the user or password as these are accepted but the
response is "Unable to connect to your mailbox".

Having checked the settings I conclude it is the port number. UKONLINE say
that Vodafone (my contractor) is at fault and VODAFONE indicate the port is
143 but this last suggestion does not work.

Any ideas practical or inspired welcome, please.

Denis