[talks-uk] Can wireless LAN connections on phones be repaired?

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 20:42:39 +0100

Hello everyone,

further to my postings on my problem connecting to our wireless network with my N91, I am wondering if the wireless LAN connection on phones can be repaired. I formatted the phone's memory today and with my wife's help reinstalled Talks, but the phone still cannot connect to our wireless network.

I did install Smart Connect but uninstalled it as it seemed not to be working too well. Maybe it was our old router dying causing intermittent dropouts. Anyway, my point is, I now have a phone which works in every other way but I cannot use the wireless connection. As I am on T-Mobile Pay-As-You-Go, I don't want to use the phone network for e-mails, podcasts and surfing the web. Is there any hope for my dear N91, or has it had its day?

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett

07:35:00