[talks-uk] Re: Can wireless LAN connections on phones be repaired?

  • From: Ben Mustill-Rose <bmustillrose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:55:53 +0100

One way of testing would be to set your router to allow connections
from older g devices such as your phone. This would be someware in the
web interface for your router, but this vairies between routers, so
it's not really possible to give any exact instructions.

If the asus is already excepting older connections, you could try
changing the channel that it's broadcasting on. Sometimes in areas
where there are lots of wifi networks or other things like chordless
phones, some channels can get crouded, so switching to another one may
help.
Having said this, purely as a side note, the 2.4ghz band is getting
very cluttered nower days, hense us moving to 11n which operates on
the 5ghz band.