[talks-uk] Re: Battery problem

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:39:41 +0100

Hi Barbara,

The only thing I would point out about changing to GSM is that it will slow
down your Email retrieval if you use the phone for that. GSM is just packet
data, you are disallowing the use of 3G. I never recommend this if you use
your phone for any kind of data retrieval.

From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16/06/2009 07:49

Some of you may remember my questions last week re a power problem. My
battery goes flat in a very short space of time even with little use. It
goes so dead that upon recharge I need to reset the date and time. I
purchased a new battery and guess what? Was on full bars when I went to bed
last night and about 5.15 this morning it was down to 1 bar and I was
getting the low battery warning. Would I be right to assume then that the
problem is with the phone and not the battery? ARe there things I could try
before going back to Nokia as the phone is still under warranty? I have
Bluetooth switched off unless I am using it and as far as I know there is
nothing else set which would drain power.