[tabi] Re: Ways to lower your energy bill - Sunday,

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:43:06 -0500

sure Lynn; this is why I brought it up, because not many people know
about them, and I understand they've changed a lot since they first came
out many years ago.

Now they're just like any other mattress pad (that is, a sort of blanket
with big elastic corners to hold it directly on the mattress, and then
your bottom sheet goes on top of it).

They're quite padded, and so the little embedded wires aren't noticable
at all.

At the center of the side which is the foot is a plug where the electric
cord plugs into it, and those wires run to a pair of remote controls for
each side, and one of those has a cord which plugs into the wall.

The basic ones have an on/off electronic button, and a preheat
electronic button, and a wheel you turn to set the temp from low to
high.  the preheat button will operate the blanket on high for something
like 30 minutes to warm up the bed, then let the temp setting of the
wheel take over for the rest of the night.

they all seem to have an automatic shutoff after ten hours (so I'd guess
it's a law as a safety requirement), so you'll not need to worry about
leaving it on and wasting energy.

I think we usually buy sunbeam.

hth,

Chip