[tabi] Re: Online Courses

  • From: Governor Staten <govsta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:46:53 -0400

There is a deeper problem here too. When you teach a person how to use a screen reader and not the operating system, Windows for example, you're headed for trouble. They rely on that screen reader to do everything for them. Learn Windows first, and then, learn screen reader commands on top of that. What makes something accessible? It could be that you might not know what you need to know to use the site, or it could truly be inaccessible. Which scenario are we talking about here?

On 6/25/2011 12:44 PM, Charles Atkins wrote:
I know Hadley is cool; I had classes with them before!
I'm more worried that, more than should have to, students that are visually impaired are not, independently, sailing and are needing outside assistance far too often and instructors are being permitted to feel comfortable with having them do it.

                            *From:* Tinetta Cooper
                                *From:* Charles Atkins