[svip] SAFETY FAIR!

  • From: Kimberly Ayars <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: svip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 14:10:22 -0700

Our year is almost over!

Our last day before we close for summer is Friday, June 13th. This is also our Safety Fair! If you pick one day to go to the playground, this is it! We will have:

* My ID Club will be offering free photo/fingerprint identification cards for children under 16 accompanied by a parent or guardian (we highly recommend you bring older children to this if you can)
   * A visit from our local fire truck and King County Sheriff!
   * Free helmets for the first 75 kid!
   * Free goodie bags with safety-related goodies!

We have a great time and hope that you can join us! The Fair runs during regular play hours, 9:30am to 11:30am.

Beginning on Monday, we will also have a sign-up sheet for facilitating volunteers next fall. By signing up, you are not committing to facilitating next year, but it gives us a chance to hit the ground running when we start up again in September. (We will call and confirm with you that you are still able to volunteer.) AND, if you are interested in volunteering with the playground again, you can reserve your first pick for facilitating shifts! Please remember, the playground is run 100% by parent volunteers. If you have never volunteered before, we will train you and provide you with everything you need to know! It's very easy, and a wonderful way to give back to the community AND still play with your kids!

Best wishes,
Kim