[sugpro] Re: Where do you all get your sorbitol?

  • From: "Andrej Vrbec" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "andre09091978@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:59:24 +0000 (UTC)

Your best bet would be to order straight from the manufacturer. I know for a
fact that Scott Fintel was able to set up an account with Cargill and he bought
erythritol straight from the factory. In US these are the big producers of
sorbitol and other polyols: Archer Daniels Midland:
http://www.adm.com/_layouts/ProductDetails.aspx?productid=147 Cargill:
http://www.cargillfoods.com/na/en/products/sweeteners/polyol-sweeteners/sorbidex-sorbitol/index.jsp
 Roquette:
http://www.roquette-food.com/neosorb-sorbitol-polyol-bulk-sweetener-humectant-cryoprotectant/
 If you can't order from them directly try to find their distributor. I'm not
from US, but it's how I order here in Europe. Prices are usually several times
lower then if you buy from lab supply companies or from individuals on the
internet. Andrej