[sugpro] Re: Srm nozzle throat size

  • From: "Troy Prideaux" <GEORDI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 13:57:54 +1100

Yup, that looks like good.

Troy

  _____

From: sugpro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sugpro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bill Kuker
Sent: Friday, 20 February 2015 1:52 PM
To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sugpro] Re: Srm nozzle throat size

Yeah, those screenshots are from very early work. It looks like the attached
screenshot now, which I think is correct.

-Bill

Inline image 1

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Troy Prideaux <GEORDI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The geometry regression for the c-slot geometry is incorrect – at least it
looks that way. Internal Corners (convex vertices) don’t regress out as sharp
corners, but as a radius. If the corner starts out without any initial radius,
the center point of the radius will be the point of the corner/vertex.
Conversely, concave/reflex corners will regress *in* sharply (no radius)

Troy

  _____

available--don't know the details, though. It's at content.billkuker.com
--Steve

On 02/19/2015 04:40 AM, Dan Harrison wrote:
Thanks for the replies .

Michael, that is a good idea with the bolt I will try that when I build my
stand.

Steve, is there a different software you use to  sim motors? I know there is a
program called burnsim but I was under the impression that was only for ap
motors .

Thanks,
Dan

On Feb 17, 2015, at 1:08 PM, Michael Monteith (Redacted sender
"michael_r_monteith@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One I've seen is where they pre load it with a weight and use a bolt underneath
the load
cell and adjust it to limit the load cell being pushed any further.  Of course
the bolt being
locked in place once it's adjusted.  That way you get the resolution by using a
smaller
cell but protect it from being pushed too far in the case of miscalculation or
catostrophic
event.  Probably should be a standard procedure anyway to protect the load cell.

Michael

To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 1:02 PM

Hey Dan,

I can't answer the first
question since I don't actually use SRM, but
the calcs it does are pretty accurate--the real
question will be how
accurate/reliable is
your construction? The safe thing to do, if you've
never tested a motor before, is to start with a
load cell that is
capable of much more
thrust than you anticipate your motor will produce,
especially if/when it CATOs.

--Steve

On
02/17/2015 09:35 AM, Dan Harrison wrote:
Hello ,I'm looking to find some info
on using Richard nakka's srm.
    Is there a way to change the
nozzle throat size to match my motor? I tried using the
nozzle erosion box but I'm not sure if that is the right
way to do it.
How
accurate is srm ? I realize there are a lot of variables
.but generally speaking if it calculates 25 lbs max thrust
is that  usually close to what it will measure on a test
stand? The reason I ask is I'm building a test stand and
I want to make sure I put the correct load cell on  for my
first test.
Thanks,
Dan