[studiorecorder] Re: files

  • From: Harry Brown <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:58:22 -0400

Hi Mary and all,
Well, here's what I did.
I just opened the file again, in studio recorder.
Then, I went into the menu, and down arrowed to export to mp3, and it said unavailable.
So, I'm still stuck.
Does the manual tell you how to do this?
Harry

On 6/20/2015 4:33 PM, Mary Emerson wrote:

Harry,

More random thoughts. This is my last try. I hope somebody else will chime in.

If you can play it, you should be able to convert it to mp3 at a low bit and sample rate. After saving that mp3 file, close Studio Recorder. Then, start Studio recorder again, and insert the mp3 file into that new session. The mp3 should be automatically converted to a wav file that Studio Recorder can use. Then, you should be able to edit the file. After that, you should be able to save it as an mp3 file. You should probably be able to save it in that low bit and sample setting.

If you decide to try this, be sure to keep the original file and the other two files you've created. Use different names for the new files, maybe something like file1.mp3 and file2.mp3.

I'm thinking the sample rate should be very low, the lowest that Studio Recorder can provide. Bit rate should be something like 8k, 16k, or 32k. Sample size should be around 8000 or at most 11025. Depends on what the original settings are. Don't choose anything higher than the original file settings.

Mary