[studiorecorder] Re: files

  • From: Harry Brown <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:12:38 -0400

Hi Mary,
Yes, I can open studio recorder, then, find the file, and it does play in studio recorder. I just can't do any editing with the file.
Harry

On 6/20/2015 4:02 PM, Mary Emerson wrote:

Harry,

Just a few more thoughts, for what they're worth.

I've forgotten some of the challenge with the wave file. Can you insert it into Studio Recorder and play it? If you can, then when you convert it, you'll have to use a very low bit rate and sample size. If you try conversion at a higher setting, there won't be much material for Studio recorder to work with, and it won't be able to convert it. Also, when you convert, you should use mono, not stereo, because it's a mono file to start with. It won't sound too good at a low bit and sample rate, but it's all you've got.

If you plan to insert it into something else, you may have to convert the entire file you're putting it into, to that same low bit and sample rate, because that one file has such a low setting that it will sound terrible if you use a higher setting, even though the rest of that larger file is set to a higher rate and size.

Mary