[studiorecorder] Re: all I can say is, thank you all, unfortunately!

  • From: "Harry Brown" <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:44:43 -0500

Hi Jayson,
You're right when it comes to a fire or theft, but not when it comes to water,
in my situation.
The thumb drive I have is made by Centon. Folks, this blows my mind, but it's a
water proof drive.
This drive is a thumb drive, and it's on my key chain which I take everywhere
with me, so, if there's a fire or flood, I'm out of that place, wherever I am
at, immediately, with my thumb drive in my pocket. I have 2 places where
everything is backed up, 1, on the thumb drive, and the other, on the computers
hard drive. Now when it comes to storing it at an off site location, I don't
have the money to pay a monthly fee to store it. That monthly fee would just be
another category in my budget, and the more categories I have in my buedget,
the less I can afford in all the other categories
I know there are things like Carbonite, but you know what? It takes a day and a
half, to upload stuff to Carbonite, and I don't have that kind of downtime
available.
Plus, Carbonite, automatically backs up everything you do on the computer, and
I don't want everything backed up, just the things I want backed up.
Harry