[studiorecorder] Re: absolutely stumped on this one, folks

  • From: Harry Brown <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 15:31:14 -0400

Hi Jayson and all,
Yep, that is exactly right, about pcm! Studio recorder cannot convert this. I tryed to even convert this to mp3, in studio recorder, and it just couldn't do it.
So, where do I go from here? I've got 8 files.
Harry

On 6/20/2015 2:06 PM, Jayson Smith wrote:

Hi,

If this is a Philmore voicemail message sent via Email, those waves are compressed, I forget which method is used, but the data isn't PCM, which means Studio Recorder can't edit it without it being converted to PCM. To do this, I use a command-line program called SoX to do the job, though others would probably work. If you have another audio editor, open the file in that editor, then save it as a Wav PCM or some such.

Hope that helps!

Jayson

On 6/19/2015 1:55 PM, Harry Brown wrote:
Hi all,
I'm using studio recorder, on a windows 7 computer, using jaws 12.
I have never seen this happen before.
I have 2 wav files:
One is a file, from philmore voicemail. It's a file on which I talked about things to do after you get a new computer. This is a wav file, of me talking over the phone, to a computer group. The second file, is Jonathan Mosen, demonstrating flexible web, using jaws 14.
Now these are both, wav files.
On the demonstration, I can use control right arrow just fine, and I can do editing.
On the other file, when I press shift right arrow, I can't hear any of the file, at all.
I'm stumped folks. Anyone have an idea what's happening here? How am I able to edit 1 wav file, but not another?
Harry