Re: [steem] North & South

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:00:12 +0100

Hi,

> I can't get the game North & South working.
> After the language selector, a dialog box tells me to put the N&S Disk 1
> into the drive. Pressing OK only brings the dialog box back and the game
> won't start. I have made a disk image from a floppy I used on my STE, and
> also downloaded another image from the Internet, but the same problem
> appears on both images.
>
> I have tried everything I can think of but the problem remains.

This is very odd, I know that some people have run North and South on Steem
(because they have found bugs during the gameplay). But I have tried old
versions of Steem and the Automation North and South does what you describe
every time. It might be a good idea to try another version, usually a good
place to find different cracks is this FTP:

ftp://atari:atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

I'll see if I can figure out why it doesn't recognise the disk.

Sincerely,
Russell Hayward
--
Steem - ST emulation: http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/