Re: [steem] Keyboard problems

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:15:43 +0100

Hi Christer,

> i dont know how many of you gotten this problem, but in almost all menus
> i cant access game #3. I cant press 3. nothing happens when i do that.
> but in gem, the 3 works. without anyproblem. its only in the menus.

There are lots of problems with keyboard layout on XSteem, all X docs say to
be very conservative in this area as it is a minefield, unfortunately XSteem
has to push it to the limit! Anyway, the best way to fix it is to manually
map the keys yourself using shortcuts and "Type ST Character" actions. At
the moment that will only allow you to use one shift key (left or right), I
will fix that in the next version.

HTH,
Russ

--