[steem] Link97 and AHDI

  • From: streuner@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Wilhelm Schuetzek)
  • To: steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:39:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Sorry, that this is not about steem or emulation but about genuine Atari
hardware.

I recently got a Link97-Cable (ACSI-to-SCSI-Converter) and connected a
Syquest 88MB "changing hardddisk" (Don't know if this is the right
translation of the German "Wechselplatte") to my 520ST. On Friday, it worked
and I even could boot from the harddisk. But now, the AHDI-driver searches
for devices, finds device 0 as "SyQuest SQ5110", searches for further
devices, doesn't find any and I get bombs. I terminated the SCSI bus at the
other connector of the harddisk.

Does anybody know a bit more about Atari, AHDI and harddisks than I do and
could please help me? You can answer in English or German, whatever you are
more comfortable with.

kind regards,

Wilhelm

--