[stamp] strength of schedule

  • From: "Steven Buss" <steven.buss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:20:43 -0500

Strength of schedule is done, but I don't know if I'm happy with how it
works.  Right now it finds the sum of the win percentage of every opponent
($opponentAverageWins) and the sum of the win percentage of each team on the
alliance the requested team is on ($myAverageWins).  It then divides each
$opponentAverageWins and $myAverageWins by the total number of robots played
(essentially = 3 * number of matches).  It returns (($opponentAverageWins /
$robotsPlayed) + (1 - ($myAllianceAverageWins / 3))) / 2, which is the
average opponent win percentage plus 1 - teammate win percentage.  Does that
sound ok?  I hope my description was good...

--
Steven Buss
steven.buss@xxxxxxxxx