[stamp] Re: strength of schedule

  • From: Brandon Ripley <Brandon.Ripley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <stamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:57:32 -0600

I kind of got what you were describing below, but I'm not completely sure.
Here is my take. I think the strength of schedule should take all your
opponents' average wins and subtract all your alliance partners' average
wins. It should range between -1 and 1. Negative one means your alliances
won all their matches and your opponents lost all their matches (perfect
easy schedule). Positive one means your alliances lost all their matches and
your opponents won all their matches (perfect difficult schedule).

For this example, the team of interest is Red1 and WinPercent is that team's
average win percentage.
$matchSoS = (($blue1WinPercent + $blue2WinPercent + $blue3WinPercent) / 3) -
(($red2WinPercent + $red3WinPercent) / 2)

This calculation would be duplicated for each match the robot of interest
was in and all the $matchSoS's would be averaged.

I think this is pretty close to what you are describing below.

Brandon

  _____