[sonarblindbeta] Re: Sonar Blind control surface issue

  • From: <ptorpey00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 20:53:59 -0400

John,

I can't find the documentation I was reading yesterday about this, but maybe
the information on this page will help:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013368/Setup-the-PreSonu
s-FaderPort-as-a-SONAR-Control-Surface

This is really about how to set up another control surface within Sonar, but
it may help for the one you are putting together.

On that page, it says that the first thing one needs to do is to put the DLL
you've created into the appropriate "Shared Surfaces" folder under the
appropriate Program Files / Cakewalk folder for either the 32 or 64 bit
version of Sonar being used (maybe both for some people).

In addition, besides registering the objects with JAWS, it seems that one
also needs to register the com object DLL with Windows. From the link
above, one way that this can be done is from the command line:

"II. Manually Register Files with the Command Prompt

1. Run the Command Prompt as an administrator.

o On Windows 8, do this by holding down the Windows and "X" keys on your
computer's keyboard and choosing Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.

o On Windows 7 and Windows Vista, do this by opening the Start menu > All
Programs > Accessories. Then, right-click on Command Prompt and select "Run
as administrator."
Note: if you are asked if the program can make changes to the computer,
select [Yes] or [Continue].

2. Type "cd " (include the space character) followed by your Shared
Surfaces directory. This directory is the same one from step 3 above.

Hint: to avoid typos, right-click in the Address Bar of one directory from
the previous step and select "Copy address as text." To Paste, click on the
"C:\_" icon in the top-left corner of the Command Prompt to open a menu,
then click Edit > Paste.

3. Press the [Enter] key to change directories. If an error message
appears, verify the correct spelling of the directory and that there is a
space after "cd".

4. Type "regsvr32 FaderPort.dll" and press [Enter]. This will register
the FaderPort.dll with the Windows OS. If a "DllRegisterServer in
FaderPort.dll succeeded" message appears, move to the next step. If a
message saying that the module failed to load or cannot be found, check the
spelling, be sure that a space is between "regsvr32" and "FaderPort.dll" and
make certain the command prompt i

"

I don't know if that helps or what you are looking for exactly, but I'll
hunt around some more if need be. If there is something else I can do to
help let me know.

--Pete