[sonarblindbeta] Almost the same- Re: Feedback on version 1.6.9 of the scripts

  • From: Pradip Chandra Sikdar <pradeepsikdar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 07:25:45 +0530

Hi Pete and John,
I was about to report the same. Most of the issues Pete has reported here in this mail including:
1. Empty tracks are being reported as “recorded” when I arrow through the track grid,
2. Sometimes if I Select an individual track, that track will not appear as Recorded when it is empty. Somehow it seems like the selection status might be interacting with the speaking of the recorded status.
3. Selected tracks are not being reported properly
4. The hotkeys for using the pull down menus are not working reliably. For example, sometimes (but not always), hitting Alt+F to open the File pull down menu actually opens the Edit pull down menu. Similarly, sometimes (but not always), hitting Alt+I to open the Insert pull down menu actually opens up the Process pull down menu. Just
For fun, I have once opened Sonar 8.5 with this script just to check what happens. As usual, this script was not working. But The hotkeys to open the pull down menus were not working reliably.
My monitor resolution is always set to 1240/860, even when using JSonar with sonar 8.5. Because my monitor doesn't support 1000xx/700xx.
On 5/3/2015 2:13 AM, ptorpey00@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Okay, after finding out that X3 and Platinum require higher resolution than my monitor was capable of, I now have a new monitor and am re-testing with 1280 x 1024 resolution as recommended. Also using the 1.6.9 scripts and Sonar Platinum on a Windows 7 64-bit system.

Unfortunately, I am seeing much the same results as I did with the lower resolution, i.e.:

-Empty tracks are being reported as “recorded” when I arrow through the track grid

-Sometimes if I Select an individual track, that track will not appear as Recorded when it is empty. Somehow it seems like the selection status might be interacting with the speaking of the recorded status.

-Selected tracks are not being reported properly

-Pressing the T key gives no feedback at all any more

-Pressing the S key does not give any feedback either (nor did it at the lower resolution).

-The hotkeys for using the pull down menus are not working reliably. For example, sometimes (but not always), hitting Alt+F to open the File pull down menu actually opens the Edit pull down menu. Similarly, sometimes (but not always), hitting Alt+I to open the Insert pull down menu actually opens up the Process pull down menu.

So I guess that these issues weren’t related to the low display resolution. There must be another cause.

Any ideas?

--Pete