[sonarblindbeta] Re: Letting another cat out of another bag

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 12:10:24 -0400

That is awesome news!!

At 12:01 PM 5/2/2015, you wrote:

Kick ass Steve.

What goodnews.

Yes, this will surely make things much easier.

On 5/2/2015 10:44 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
I'm so stoked about this, so I hope I don't steal anybody's thunder or
release information I'm not supposed to. My disclaimer on doing so is
that I wasn't told not to, so here goes!

I was just on the phone with John. He's got a real control surface DLL
now, similar to the one used in the CakeTalking accessibility
solution. He's been working on making this happen for literally
months, like three, maybe four. There were technical blocks at every
turn, things that weren't adequately documented, documentation that
was just plain wrong, you name it. But he's got it going now,
including all the stuff needed to register it on target systems, so
let's all keep our collective digits and other crossable members
crossed that he'll get the scripts to talk nicely to his DLL.

Having a control surface dynamic linked library makes scripting
several levels of easier because the scripter doesn't have to go
fishing around inside the application to find the controls, methods
and properties of its inner workings. That's what the DLL does--it's
the link between the snake pit inner workings of an application and
the outside world.

If you want to know more about what a DLL is, why they're good, etc.,
if you're a programmer or even just a wannabee, check out
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/815065 - it's written in nice
plain language.