[slackintosh-users] Re: The kernel modules requests thread

  • From: Jeremy Mann <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:41:36 -0600

Yes, personally I don't like the quality of the powermac drivers. I have a snd-ens1371 in my dual G4 that I use for digital out. Even though you don't have an SMP machine, you can still enable it in the kernel config and compile. If you'd like I would volunteer to be the SMP kernel dude for compilation and testing ;)

Marco Bonetti wrote:
On 11/13/06, Jeremy Mann <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like for the ALSA drivers for popular soundcards be included as well
wow, something that doesn't use snd_powermac?

as a SMP kernel.
this will be trickier (I have no smp machine)

ciao