[slackintosh-users] Re: The kernel modules requests thread

  • From: "Claudio Carlquist" <ccarlquist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:41:51 -0200

Well, I´m still running 10.2 with a kernel that I´d built myself a few
months ago and maybe this issue could had already been addressed. Anyway,
how about including 'sr_mod' as a loadable module in the standard kernel?
This way, not only SCSI but also external DVD burners can be used under a
Firewire enclosure (as I'm doing right now), cause my iBook came with a
CDROM drive only. Thanks in advance,

Claudio Carlquist

On 11/13/06, Marco Bonetti <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all!
A new -current tree has been set up and development will be back again
soon (at least asa volkerding will start releasing something :D ) so,
in the meanwhile, here's the deal: post here any requests about new
kernel modules you wish to be included in newer kernels [1]. That's
because our kernel is quite different from the slackware one and we
mainly support hardware we have and currently use, so feel free to ask
what you'd like to see in next releases.

ciao

[1] yes, I know, I could have search through the mailing list about
past requests but, hey, I'm lazy

--
Marco Bonetti
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://www.slackintosh.org

My GnuPG key id: 86A91047

--
Claudio Carlquist de Castilho    Linux User #55899     -o)

              /\\
http://counter.li.org/
                                                   _\_V
More power, more freedom, more fun, less Microsoft!!!