[SimpleMail-usr] Re: SimpleMail should leave alpha state (was: SimpleMail 0.13 released)

  • From: Hynek Schlawack <hynek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 08 Dec 2001 13:22:53 +0100

* Sebastian Bauer <sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please tell us your opinion about that and also some features which a mail
> client must have and SimpleMail doesn't offer yet.

First of all, we should make it Shareware to be taken serious. ;)

Okay, just a joke. ;)

Databug's mail remembered me of the weak folder-settings. A
standard-address and a standard-indentity are important, maybe also
packing/encoding using xpk.

And hey, adding all the features YAM has...have you measured the progress of
YAM and the one of SimpleMail in the last 12 months? ;) We are doing our
very best but however we can't live from the spirit of free software and have
quite a bunch of work. ;) Ergo: SimpleMail Beta surely won't have all the
features YAM ha sbuilt up in 5 years or more. ;) However, we have features
YAM haven't a I'm pretty sure we brought also life in the YAM-Project,
SSL eg. was in SimpleMail before the YAM-team ever heard of it . ;)

--
  Remember - if all you have is an axe, every problem looks like
  hours of fun.